The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate certification.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- At least one year of hands-on experience with the AWS platform.
- Professional experience managing/operating production systems on AWS.
- A firm grasp of AWS seven principles for architecting for the cloud.
- Hands-on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS.
- Good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands-on experience implementing security controls and compliance requirements.
General IT Knowledge
- One to two years of experience as a systems administrator in a systems operations role.
- Understanding of virtualization technology.
- Experience monitoring and auditing systems.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP and firewalls).
- Ability to collaborate with developers and the business team across your organization.
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate exam
The following course helps you prepare for this certification:
AWS Associate-level certification holders are required to get recertified every two years in order to remain valid. Two ways to maintain Associate-level certification:
- Take a Recertification Exam. This is not the same exam as the original, but follows the same format. Read more at AWS Recertification FAQs.
- Pass the Professional-level Exam. You can remain certified by earning either the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification.