ServiceNow requires the completion of the following prerequisite training course in preparation for the Certified System Administrator exam. Information provided in the following ServiceNow training course contains source material for the exam: ServiceNow Fundamentals.
Additional Recommended Experience:
- Industry experience with database concepts and system management.
- System administrator role and/or access to ServiceNow administrative applications and modules.
- Some knowledge of IT Help Desk processes and the incident, problem, and change workflows is also helpful.
- Three (3) to six (6) months experience using and/or maintaining a ServiceNow instance
ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
CSA exam overview
Exam questions are based on official ServiceNow training materials, the ServiceNow documentation site and the ServiceNow developer site. Study materials posted elsewhere online are not official, and as per ServiceNow, should not be used to prepare for the examination.
Exam content is divided into Learning Domains that correspond to key topics and activities typically encountered during ServiceNow implementations. In each Learning Domain, specific learning objectives have been identified and are tested in the exam. Here are the learning domains, weightings and sub-skills measured by this exam and the percentage of questions represented in each domain. The listed sub- skills should NOT be considered an all-inclusive list of exam content.
- User Interface & Navigation 20%
- ServiceNow Overview
- Lists and Filters
- Forms and Templates
- Collaboration 20%
- User Administration
- Task Management
- Database Administration 30%
- Data Schema
- Application/Access Control
- Import Sets
- Self-Service & Process Automation 20%
- Knowledge Management
- Service Catalog
- Workflows/Flow Designer
- Introduction to Development 10%
- Migration and Integration
Each candidate must register for the exam via the ServiceNow Webassessor website using a voucher obtained by completing the ServiceNow Fundamentals training prerequisite. Voucher codes are nontransferable and provides the candidate eligibility to sit for the Certified System Administrator exam only. During the registration process, each test taker has the option of taking the exam at an Authorized Testing Center or as an online-proctored exam.
The exam consists of approximately 60 questions. For each question on the examination, there are multiple possible responses. Select the most correct answer to the question. There are multiple choice (single answer) and multiple select (select all that apply) questions.
Any of the other 12 Certified Implementation Specialist courses or certifications.
There are no recertification requirements.