Module 1: Application Development Overview
Objectives: Define application creation; determine if an application is a good technical fit with the platform; discuss customer application success examples, list the skills needed to successfully develop applications in ServiceNow; provide a high-level overview of the application to be built during class.
Module 2: Analysis and Design
Objectives: Discuss application design key points; examine the Application Development Checklist; discuss design considerations; determine application platform(s); design database schema.
- Lab 2.1: The Loaner Request Application
Module 3: Creating an Application and Modules
Objectives: Use Guided Application Creator and Studio to develop applications; link an application to a Git repository; create application files; explore table schema and existing business logic.
- Lab 3.1: Creating an Application
- Lab 3.2: Linking an Application
- Lab 3.3: Creating Application Files
- Lab 3.4: Committing Changes to the GitLab Repository
Module 4: Creating and Configuring Application Forms
Objectives: Create and modify tables; design and create forms; create views; write, test, and debug client-side and server-side scripts; update the GitLab repository; publish and install an Application.
- Lab 4.1: Working with Fields
- Lab 4.2: Working with Views
- Lab 4.3: UI Policy
- Lab 4.4: Scripting
- Lab 4.5: Committing Changes to the GitLab Repository
- Lab 4.6: Installing an Application
Module 5: Controlling Access
Objectives: Control user access to applications, menus, modules, records, and fields; control script and web service access to application records; control ability to create applications; use fix scripts to migrate artifacts that are not part of an application record.
- Lab 5.1: Application Security
- Lab 5.2: Application Access
- Lab 5.3: Committing Changes to the GitLab Repository
- Lab 5.4: Updating an Application
Module 6: Automating an Application
Objectives: Use Flow Designer to automate processes; use a scheduled script execution to send email; generate events for overdue records; create application properties.
- Lab 6.1: Flow to Manage Deployment States
- Lab 6.2: Creating Application Properties
- Lab 6.3: Scheduled Script and Email
- Lab 6.4: Script Include
- Lab 6.5: Committing Changes to the Gitlab Repository
Module 7: Importing and Integrating
Objectives: Import records from an Excel file; use Web Services to integration to an external data source; use Web Services to integrate to a ServiceNow instance.
- Lab 7.1: Importing Records from a Spreadsheet
- Lab 7.2: Web Service Consumer
- Lab 7.3: Optional: Outbound REST Message
- Lab 7.4: Committing Changes to the GitLab Repository
Module 8: Service Catalog
Objectives: Improve user interaction with application; create a friendly interface for interacting with an application; configure the Service Catalog; write, test, and debug Service Catalog client-side and server-side scripts.
- Lab 8.1: Service Catalog User Interface
- Lab 8.2: Enhancing the Service Catalog User Interface
- Lab 8.3: Committing Changes to the GitLab Repository
Module 9: Testing
Objectives: Review Software Testing Life Cycle; explore different testing options.
- Lab 9.1: Automated Test Framework
- Lab 9.2: Committing Changes to the GitLab Repository