Module 1: Get started with Dynamics 365 Finance
- The benefits of Dynamics 365 Finance.
- An overview of features in Finance.
Module 2: Configure currencies in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Different types of currencies in Finance.
- The concept of triangulation currency.
- How to set up legal entity currencies and conversions.
- How to configure exchange rate providers.
- How to import exchange rates from providers.
Module 3: Create fiscal calendars, years, and periods in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Differentiate between ledger and fiscal calendars.
- Configure and set up fiscal calendars, years, and periods.
- Create and use date intervals.
Module 4: Configure chart of accounts in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Identify the required components for chart of accounts
- Define and configure the chart of accounts
- Define and configure the financial dimensions and dimension sets
- Configure chart of accounts, main accounts, categories, templates, ledger account alias and balance control
- Configure account structures and advanced rules
Module 5: Set up ledgers and journals in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Discover different types of journals and their setup.
- Learn about ledger and posting setup.
- Learn how to set up and use journals.
- Learn how to reverse journal posting.
- Learn how to set up batch transfer rules
Module 6: Perform general ledger daily procedures in Dynamics 365 Finance
- General ledger processes.
- Balance control accounts.
- Journal controls.
- Voucher templates.
- Ledger settlements.
Module 7: Intercompany accounting in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Set up intercompany accounting
- Use intercompany accounting to post journals between two different legal entities
Module 8: Configure ledger allocations and accruals in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure and use accruals.
- Configure and use allocations.
Module 9: Configure and perform periodic processes in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure financial period close.
- Reconcile banks.
- Perform periodic closing and year closing processes.
- Prepare periodic filings.
- Configure and work with vendor 1099 processes.
- Run foreign currency revaluation processes.
- Perform financial consolidation and elimination processes.
- Process end of year tax reporting.
Module 10: Work with analytics and reporting in finance and operations apps
- Different types of reports and inquiries in finance and operations apps
- Financial reporting
- Configuring finance and operations apps for Microsoft Power Platform
- Generating and consuming inquiries and reports
Module 11: Configure cash and bank management in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Create and configure banks.
- Create and configure bank layouts.
- Configure cash and bank management parameters.
- Set up vendor and customer banks.
- Configure cash flow forecasts and reports.
Module 12: Configure taxes in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Learn about regional tax reporting capabilities.
- Configure tax components.
Module 13: Configure accounts receivable in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure Accounts receivable components.
- Create and maintain a customer.
- Configure customer payments.
- Set up payment calendars and calendar rules.
- Set up customer posting profiles.
- Configure accounts receivable charges.
Module 14: Perform accounts receivable daily procedures in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Create free text invoices and record customer payments.
- Distribute funds by using accounting distributions.
- Configure recurring invoices.
- Use reversals in Accounts receivable.
- Understand revenue recognition.
Module 15: Configure credit and collections in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure credit and collections components.
- Configure aging reports, customer pools, collection agents, and aging period definitions.
- Set up and manage interests.
- Set up and manage collection letters.
Module 16: Process credit and collections in Dynamics 365 Finance
- How to use customer account statements.
- How to process collections.
- How to use the credit management feature.
Module 17: Configure Accounts payable in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure accounts payable components.
- Create and maintain a vendor.
- Configure vendor payments.
- Set up vendor posting profiles.
- Configure accounts payable charges.
Module 18: Perform Accounts payable daily procedures in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Record invoices and process payments.
- Manage and apply prepayments.
Module 19: Work with accounting distributions, invoice validations and settlements in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Settle transactions and undo settlements.
- Distribute funds by using accounting distributions.
- Configure invoice validation policies.
Module 20: Get started with Expense management in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Learn about Expense management capabilities.
- Discover Expense management features.
- Review considerations for planning to use the Expense management module in Project Operations.
Module 21: Set up and configure Expense management in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Discover the Expense management workspace.
- Learn how to turn on the Expense reports re-imagined feature.
- Review the Expense management parameters.
- Learn about workflow functionality for expense management.
- Set up expense policies, and evaluate policies using the Audit workbench.
- Set up mileage expense options.
- Set up credit card transaction processing and import credit transactions.
Module 22: Create and process expense reports in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Review expense report policies and per diem rules.
- Create and maintain an expense report.
- Learn about intercompany expenses.
- Learn how to post, approve, and delegate expense reports.
- Discover reporting options for expense management.
Module 23: Work with travel requisitions in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Create a travel requisition.
- Review travel requisition options.
- Learn about the travel requisition approval process.
Module 24: Configure and use basic budgeting and budget control in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure basic budgeting components.
- Configure budget control components.
- Use inquires and reports.
- Create and manage budget register entries.
Module 25: Configure and use budget planning in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure budget planning components
Module 26: Configure fixed assets management in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure fixed assets components.
- Configure fixed assets parameters.
- Enable fixed assets integration with purchasing.
- Create fixed assets.
Module 27: Manage fixed assets in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Perform fixed asset acquisition
- Perform fixed asset depreciation
- Perform fixed asset disposal