CARY, N.C. - Global Knowledge, the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training, today announced the availability of Cloud: Roadmap to Success: An Interactive Workshop. In the one-day workshop, cloud computing decision makers will learn what it takes to successfully implement cloud computing from their industry peers who have done it.
Through a moderated question-and-answer format, participants will be engaged in a guided conversation with cloud computing veterans that is structured around the key decisions IT managers face when implementing cloud computing. Panelists include executives with real-world corporate cloud responsibilities and experience and cloud subject matter experts with wide industry views.
"Anyone who has to 'do cloud' is going to benefit from this workshop, whether he or she is just starting to implement cloud computing or is well on the way," explained Hank Marquis, cloud solutions practice director at Global Knowledge. "Along with teaching participants things their peers have done to be successful, we'll teach them what to avoid as well."
Workshop participants will learn about:
- Steps to successful cloud computing and how an "information asset risk" approach is key
- Developing a cloud roadmap
- Why organizational and cultural issues should outweigh any other concern, including security
- The impact cloud computing has on traditional IT development and operations
- Issues associated with integrating cloud computing with a compliance and risk framework
- How to maintain and enhance strategic flexibility with cloud governance
- Where cloud fits, why, and for whom
- How choosing the correct approach could help dramatically reduce IT complexity, increase efficiency, and improve agility
- Why cloud isn't for everyone and why and how it can increase costs
Cloud: Roadmap to Success: An Interactive Workshop is currently scheduled to take place in Chicago, Dallas, New York, and San Jose.
About Global Knowledge
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training, with more than 1,500 courses that span foundational and specialized training and certifications. Our core training is focused on Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, VMware, Red Hat, business process improvement, and leadership development. We deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling our customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.
Founded in 1995, Global Knowledge employs more than 1,300 people worldwide and is headquartered in Cary, NC. The company is owned by New York-based investment firm MidOcean Partners.