What You'll Learn
- Code basic JCL statements using proper syntax and coding rules, including JCL for:
- Creating new data sets
- Referencing existing data sets
- Condition code testing
- IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF constructs
- Generation data groups
- Output routing
- JCL enhancements introduced by various releases of MVS, OS/390, and z/OS
- Identify storage management subsystem requirements
- Code instream and cataloged procedures
- Use symbolic parameters in procedures
- Code procedure overrides and additions
- Use selected utility programs
- Describe tape processing facilities
- Code sort and merge control statements and associated JCL statements
- Recognize and resolve common ABENDS
- Basic knowledge of IS technologies.
You should be familiar with:
- z/OS concepts and how these systems supports the Enterprise Servers.
This knowledge can be obtained by attending course ES05, An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05).
Who Needs To Attend
This course is for people who want to use z/OS JCL and utilities.