Cisco CCNP Security Certification
This new CCNP Security certification proves your skills with security solutions. To earn the CCNP Security certification, you will need to pass two exams: a core exam and a security concentration of your choosing, allowing you to focus your training on a technology that is most relevant to you.
- The core exam focuses on your knowledge of security infrastructure.
- Concentration exams focus on emerging and industry-specific topics such as including identity and access management, web and email security, Next Generation Firewalls, Next Generation IPS, VPN solutions and security automation.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCNP Security, but ideally candidates will have three to five years of experience implementing security solutions.
Required Exams and Recommended Training
Recertification is an important indicator to you and your employer that you have kept up with current technology trends and validated your skills at the rigorous level of the original certification exam. All certifications will have a three-year recertification deadline
- Pass one technology core exam
- Pass any two professional concentration exams
- Pass one CCIE lab exam
- Earn 80 Continuing Education points as the Continuing Education program will be extended to the CCNA, Specialist, CCNP, CCIE certifications – 80 Credits will be required for Professional Level recertifications