Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Certification
CCNA routing and switching training serves to validate an engineer’s ability to configure and operate small to medium sized networks.
Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching certification
Cisco's CCNA certification is one of the most recognised certifications in the industry and validates an engineer's ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot small and medium-sized networks.
The role and skills required of a core network engineer are continually evolving as increased business demands require more from the network. To meet these challenges, skilled IT professionals are needed with up-to-date, networking skills.
The CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum covers the latest technology innovations on Cisco's routers and switches with, Ipv6, IOS licensing, device security and comprehensive troubleshooting scenarios being a few of the topics covered.
Exams and Recommended Training
|Required Exams||Recommended Training|
100 -105 ICND1
|Required Exam||Recommended Training|
|Cisco CCNA Certification Fast Track Programme (CCNABC)|
CCNA Routing and Switching Recertification CCNA Routing and Switching Recertification
CCNA Routing and Switching certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
- When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Routing and Switching certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Routing and Switching certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).