AWS Certified Security Specialty
The AWS Certified Security - Specialty validates your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The Specialty is intended for individuals who perform a security role with at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- An understanding of secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements
- An understanding of security operations and risk
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing
- AWS workloads Security controls for workloads on AWS
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions
Required exam and recommended training
|Required exam||Recommended training|
Security Operations on AWS (GK3338)
AWS Security Essentials (GK3337)
AWS Certifications are valid for 3 years. To maintain your AWS Certified status, you are required to periodically demonstrate your continued expertise by recertifying. Recertification helps strengthen the overall value of your AWS Certification and shows individuals and employers that your credential covers the latest AWS knowledge, skills, and best practices. Learn more at the AWS website.