IT Asset Management Foundation Certification
- Kursuskode ITAMF
- Varighed 2 dage
GTC 21 Inkl. Moms
Hvad er GTC?
Kurset er tilgængeligt i følgende formater:
Et lukket firma kursus
Anmod om dette kursus Med en anden leveringsløsning
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT (ITAM) forms an important element in a business strategy enabling cost control, risk reduction and improved business value in the IT asset lifecycle, including all aspects of hardware and software used in an organisation.
This 2-day foundation course provides an introduction to IT Asset Management and is aimed at anyone new to ITAM. From IT administrators with an operational focus to the CFO with a budgetary responsibility. The attendees will be able to understand the concept and purpose of ITAM and how ITAM can benefit their organisation. Furthermore, the participants will achieve an understanding of the licensing complexities related to IT operations in terms of software and hardware updates and acquisitions.
A main focus of the training program is to expand upon the workflow and define the key roles within the ITAM disciplines across financial, contractual, inventory departments as well as highlighting the culture-change that could ensue for end-users in an IT environment. The ITAM Foundation Course is based on Service Management best practices and the ISO standards (ISO 55000 and 19770), introducing the participants to the ITAM work frame in terms of IT governance and optimization of the IT Assets from procurement through to disposal.
The training program will cover the four key ITAM areas and their interaction in relation to contract management, compliance, information security, cost control and IT business value: Hardware Asset Management (including Mobile devices) Software Asset Management Services and Cloud Asset Management People and Information Asset Management (including Bring Your Own Device).
This course includes the exam for the certification.
DAY 1 ITAM introduction:
- Definition, purposes and objectives
- Why do your organisation need ITAM?
- Introduction to the four key areas: Hardware Asset Management, Software Asset Management, Services & cloud Asset Management, People & Information Asset Management
- The IT Asset lifecycle and its impact on your business
- The key roles in ITAM – stakeholders, functions, roles and responsibilities
- Typical business issues and challenges in the ITAM workflow
- Introduction to ITAM best practices, ISO55000 and ITIL
Hardware Asset Management (HAM) introduction:
- The concept, purpose and benefits of HAM
- The HAM lifecycle in your organisation from acquisition through to disposal
- Request and approval processes, procurement and lifecycle management, redeployment and disposal management
- The placement of HAM in the ITAM ecosystem
- Mobile device (asset) management aspects of HAM
- The best practices of HAM (ISO and ITIL)
- The tool reflections of HAM
Software Asset Management (SAM) introduction:
- Definition and objectives
- SAM best practices and framework (Including how to avoid “The Bermuda Triangle of SAM”)
- The business value of SAM SAM from request to acquisition through disposal
- Key roles and stakeholders in a SAM program
- The placement of SAM in the ITAM ecosystem
- The concept of compliance
- The risks/costs related to software audits
- Organisational pitfalls and challenges in the SAM process
- IT service Management (ITIL) and ISO19770 approach within SAM
DAY 2 Services and Cloud Asset Management introduction:
- The concept of services and cloud services
- The costs, challenges and benefits associated with Services and Cloud services
- Definition and objectives within Services and Cloud Asset Management (SEAM)
- The contractual issues as assets in SEAM
- The pitfalls and benefits from SEAM ITAM best practices in a SEAM context
- The placement of SEAM in the ITAM ecosystem
- Key roles and stakeholders in a SEAM program
- Compliance in a Cloud perspective
People & Information Asset Management (PINAM) introduction:
- Definition and objectives
- How to define Information and People as assets?
- Security and risk control (information sharing, employees leaving the organisation, loss of mobile devices, access regulations, etc.)
- BYOD in a Services and Cloud Asset Management perspective
- How do mobile users use their devices and content?
- Benefits and pitfalls
- Policy Setting – security policies for content, users and mobile devices
ITAM Key findings and conclusions:
- The best practices in the ITAM framework
- How to assess and understand the ITAM maturity in your organisation
- The interface between the four key ITAM areas (HAM, SAM, SEAM, PINAM)
- Effective communication of your ITAM goals to the key stakeholders in your organisation
- ITAM integration with the organisational key business drivers and goals
- Exam preparation Exam
The examination form, pass marks, distinction and examination relation to syllabus will be published at a later date.
Attending this 2-day ITAM Foundation course, you will achieve an overall understanding of:
- Why your organisation needs ITAM
- The ITAM business disciplines and best practices
- The challenges and benefits associated with ITAM in a dynamic IT environment
- The four key ITAM areas and their interrelation (SAM, HAM, SEAM, PINAM)
- The IT asset lifecycle from procurement through to retirement and disposal
- What to be aware of in daily IT operations in regards to compliance
- How to assess the ITAM objectives of your organisation
- The ITAM ecosystem and key stakeholders
- How the ISO methodology and ITIL approach can contribute to a successful ITAM program
- Risk and cost control of your IT Assets
- How to achieve compliance within the four key ITAM areas