We can’t believe it’s already been nearly 12 months—that’s 52 weeks, or 365 days, or 8,760 hours (okay, okay you get the picture)—since the last AWS re:Invent.
And while time has flown by, AWS has seemingly packed more than a year of innovation into those 12 months, based on the hundreds of announcements made in 2018. Chances are your year was spent trying to keep up with these changes and learning new AWS skills.
Each year at re:Invent, AWS sets the bar higher and higher. Over 50,000 tech enthusiasts are expected in Las Vegas from Nov. 26 to 30. The logistics and ability to organize your week are always critical components to maximize your show experience. With this in mind, here are some key facts and tips for everyone from newbies to re:Invent veterans, that will help you make the most of your trip and also have a great time!
What’s new at re:Invent 2018
• Although not necessarily at re:Invent, the pre-event webinar series AWS put together, “How to re:Invent,” will help you prepare for the event.
• Put your knowledge to the test in Camp re:Invent Trivia Challenge. You can even compete against compete against the legend himself, AWS VP Jeff Barr. This takes place at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 28 in the Venetian Theater.
• Due to the scale and growth of the event, plus customer feedback, AWS is introducing transportation features to reduce downtime and move you around quicker. Check out the Campus Shuttle routes and times.
What to expect
• Crowds. So make sure you bring your patience and some comfortable walking shoes.
• There are over 2,000 sessions and they fill up quickly, so as soon as you get your pass start reserving seats at the sessions you want to attend.
• Keynotes and other sessions will be available for livestream in case you want to skip the crowd but hear the latest news.
• Tons of opportunities to learn. Between hands-on labs, bootcamps, hackathons, chalk talks and workshops, your days will be packed—so rest up now!
How to have a good time
• Come visit us at Booth #825 in the Sands expo hall. Chat with an AWS subject matter expert, plus get some swag too— which is the reason you packed an extra suitcase, right?
• Like chicken wings? Be part of of a Guinness World Record and take part in the Tatonka Challenge. We dare you!
• This year’s pub crawl looks bigger and better. Networking + drinking + eating + a prize draw contest … I don’t know about you, but that sounds like quite a combination.
Each year, AWS re:Invent grows and exceeds our expectations. Being there allows us to hear from our customers and discuss their training needs and plans. Plus, it enables our front-line (the Global Knowledge AWS instructors and experts) to not only enjoy themselves, but bring their wealth of knowledge and experience back to the classroom to share with students. Hope to see you at Booth #825!
Never miss another post. Sign up for our newsletter.