ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
- Course Code LST
- Days Access 90 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC 14 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Transition and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses). Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Transition as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Transition and the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
This course qualifies you for the following PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs): 21 PMI PDUs
- Obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- Look at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Transition.
- Explain the roles and justify the need of Service Transition in the Service Lifecycle.
- Prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Transition.
The main principles and objectives of Service Transition
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Organisational issues concerned with Transition
- Technology considerations related to Service Transition
- The activities commonly performed in the Service Transition arena
- Assessing Critical Success Factors and Managing Risk in Service Transition
The course also covers the managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the Service Transition stage:
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Knowledge Management
Delegates are required to hold the ITIL® Foundation V3 (SMEV3) Certificate in IT Service Management or V2 to V3 bridge equivalent (ITIL® V3 Bridging Foundation (ILFBR))
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and relevant books in preparation for the examination.
- The course forms part of the ITIL® Intermediate qualification programme. The examination will consist of a complex multiple choice, closed book paper, to be completed within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed 120 minutes to allow use of a dictionary.) The pass mark will be 65% or more. Exam to be charged separately