Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Course Code M20533
- Duration 5 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- IT professional who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the course prerequisites, and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy and configure websites.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services.
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell runbooks.
- Module 1: Introduction to Azure
- Cloud Technology Overview
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Portals
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Introduction to Azure
- Using Azure Portals
- Using Azure PowerShell
- Module 2: Implement and Manage Virtual Networks
- Planning Virtual Networks
- Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks
- Configuring Connections to Virtual Networks
- Lab : Creating Virtual Networks
- Creating the Virtual Network
- Lab : Connecting Virtual Networks
- Connecting the Virtual Networks
- Validating Virtual Network Connectivity
- Optional: Configuring a Point-to-Site VPN
- Module 3: Implement Virtual Machines
- Introduction to IaaS Cloud Services
- Planning Virtual Machine Workloads
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Lab : Implementing Virtual Machines
- Deploying Windows Virtual Machines
- Deploying Linux Virtual Machines
- Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
- Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing and Configuring Virtual Machine Disks
- Managing and Monitoring Virtual Machines
- Lab : Managing Virtual Machines
- Exploring Availability
- Configuring Virtual Machine Storage
- Using the Cross Platform Command-Line Interface
- Module 5: Implementing Websites
- Planning for Website Deployment
- Deploying Websites
- Configuring Websites
- Monitoring Websites
- Traffic Manager
- Lab : Implementing Websites
- Creating Websites
- Deploying a Website
- Managing Websites
- Module 6: Planning and Implementing Storage
- Planning Storage
- Implementing and Managing Storage
- Backup and Monitoring Storage
- Lab : Planning and Implementing Storage
- Creating and Configuring Storage
- Using Azure File Storage
- Protecting Data with Azure Backup
- Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data Services
- Data Services in Microsoft Azure
- Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Business Continuity
- Lab : Planning and Implementing Data Services
- Creating, Securing and Monitoring an Azure SQL Database
- Migrating a SQL Server Database to an Azure SQL Database
- Restoring a Database
- Module 8: Implementing PaaS Cloud Services and Mobile Services
- Planning and Deploying PaaS Cloud Services
- Configuring Cloud Services
- Implementing Mobile Services
- Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Lab : Implementing PaaS Cloud Services
- Deploying a PaaS Cloud Service
- Configuring Deployment Slots and Remote Desktop Protocol
- Monitoring Cloud Services
- Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media Services
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Publishing Content with Azure Media Services
- Lab : Implementing a Content Delivery Network
- Configuring a Content Delivery Network
- Lab : Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Cloud Services
- Adding Content to the Source Service
- Creating a Media Services Account and Uploading Content
- Publishing and Scaling Media
- Module 10: Implement Azure AD
- Creating and Managing Azure Directories
- Configuring Application Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
- Lab : Implementing Azure Active Directory
- Administering Active Directory
- Configuring Single Sign-On
- Configuring Multi-Factor Authentication
- Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
- Extending On-Premises Active Directory into Azure
- Directory Synchronization
- Implementing Federation
- Lab : Managing an Active Directory Hybrid Environment
- Configuring Directory Synchronization
- Synchronizing Directories
- Module 12: Implementing Automation
- Overview of Automation Components
- Implementing PowerShell Workflows
- Managing Automation
- Lab : Implementing Automation
- Configuring Automation Accounts
- Creating Runbooks
- Module 13: Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Tailspin Toys Business Systems Scenario
- Software as a Service Scenario
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations.