Symantec Network Access Control 11.
- Course Code SC1440
- Duration 2 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Traditional Classroom Learning
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) 11.x seminar (combining lecture and demonstrations) is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, and monitoring network access control solutions. This class covers how to design, deploy,install, configure, and monitor Symantec Network AccessControl.
Students also learn how to manage enforcer appliances and endpoint enforcement clients.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) technologies.
- Outline the steps to install the SNAC components.
- Define how to create and apply Host Integrity (HI) policies.
- Describe the available SNAC enforcers.
- Outline the steps to configure and manage SNAC enforcers.
- Describe how to monitor and maintain the SNAC environment.
- Course Overview
- The Demonstration Environment
Introduction to Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Technologies
- SNAC Components
- SNAC Functionality
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Policies and Concepts
- Identifying System Requirements
- Preparing Servers and Clients
- Installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)
- Navigating the SEPM
- Deploying Clients
Configuring Self Enforcement
- Defining Self Enforcement
- Creating Host Integrity Policies
- Configuring Predefined Host Integrity Requirements
- Configuring Custom Host Integrity Requirements
- Applying Template Requirements
- Implementing Self Enforcement
Introduction to Enforcers
- Symantec Enforcers Overview
- How Enforcers Communicate and Authenticate
Configuring Gateway Enforcers
- How the Gateway Enforcer Works
- Planning a Gateway Enforcer Deployment
- Installing and Configuring Gateway Enforcers
- Implementing the SNAC Scanner
Configuring DHCP Enforcers
- How a DHCP Enforcer Works
- Planning a DHCP Enforcer Deployment
- Installing and Configuring the DHCP Integrated Enforcer
- Installing and Configuring the DHCP Enforcer Appliance
Configuring LAN Enforcers
- How the LAN Enforcer Works
- Planning a LAN Enforcer Deployment
- Installing and Configuring a LAN Enforcer
- Administering Enforcers from the SEPM
- Configuring Enforcer Settings
- Managing Enforcer Appliances
Managing the Client Experience
- Navigating the Client Interface
- Monitoring and Restoring Computer Security
- Responding to Client Messages and Alerts
- Viewing Client Logs
- Configuring LiveUpdate Policies and Settings
- Installing a Central LiveUpdate Server
Monitoring the SNAC Environment
- Viewing and Managing Logs
- Configuring and Viewing Notifications
- Configuring and Reviewing Reports
Maintaining the SNAC Environment
- Maintaining the Host Integrity Policy Library
- Managing SEPM Servers
- Communicating with Other Servers
- Managing Administrators
- Managing the Database