Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.X: Administration
- Course Code SC1439
- Duration 5 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This class covers how to design, deploy, install, configure, manage, and monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 (SEP 12.1).
Students learn how to create and implement the client firewall, intrusion prevention, application and device control, and behavioral protection policies that guard the enterprise from viruses and hackers. In addition, students learn how to perform server and database management, expand the management environment, use virtualization features for virtual clients, and interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Protection Center.
- Delivery Format: Public Classroom
- Date: 01-05 April, 2018
- Location: Cairo-Sheraton
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, and monitoring virus and spyware protection, zero-day protection, and network threat protection solutions.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Symantec Endpoint Protection products,components, dependencies, and system hierarchy.
- Install and configure Symantec Endpoint Protection management and client components.
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
- Manage the client user interface.
- Manage product content updates.
- Design a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Manage Virus and Spyw are Protection policies.
- Manage SONAR scans.
- Manage Firewall and Intrusion Prevention policies.
- Manage Application and Device Control policies.
- Manage virtualized clients.
- Configure replicat ion and load balancing.
- Monitor and maintain the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Protection Center.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Install, Configure, and Deploy
The Symantec Endpoint Product Solution
- In this module, you learn how to describe the Symantec Endpoint Protection security technologies, product architecture, and components. You are also introducedto site, domain, policy, group, and location concepts.
Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection
- In this lesson, you learn how to identify system requirements, prepare servers for installation, and install and configure the Symantec Endpoint ProtectionManager (SEPM), and how to upgrade Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x managers and clients to SEP 12.1.
Configuring the Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
- In this lesson, you learn how to start and navigate the SEPM, describe policy types and policy components, authenticate to the console, and license the SEP 12.1environment.
- In this lesson, you learn the hardware and software requirements for SEP 12.1 clients and how to prepare those clients for deployments.
- You also learn the different SEP 12.1 deployment methods, and how to create installation packages, settings, and features for managed and unmanaged clients.
Client and Policy Management
- In this lesson, you learn how the client communicates with the SEPM and how to perform client administration.
- You also learn how to configure groups, locations, client configuration modes, and domains.
- In addition, you learn how to integrate SEP 12.1 with Active Directory.
Configuring Content Updates
- In this lesson, you learn how to configure the SEPM and clients for content updates using LiveUpdate.
- You also learn how to configure single and multiple group update providers (GUPs), and how to manually update virus definitions.
Designing a Symantec Endpoint Environment
- In this lesson, you learn how to architect a SEP 12.1 environment.
- This lesson describes how to determine client-to-SEPM ratios, determine content distribution methods, and size the database.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Manage and Administer
- In this module, you learn about the different modules presented in this course and the prerequisite information.
Introducing Antivirus, Insight, and SONAR
- In this lesson, you learn how protection technologies are used to protect your clients.
- This lesson describes file reputation, Download Insight, Auto-Protect, and SONAR scans.
Managing Virus and Spyware Protection Policies
- In this lesson, you learn how to configure administrator-defined scans, protection technology settings and scans, e-mail scans, and advanced scanning options for Windows and Mac clients.
Managing Exception Policies
- In this lesson, you learn how to create exceptions for Windows and Mac clients.
Introducing Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control
- In this lesson, you learn network threat protection basics.
- This lesson also introduces you to firewalls, intrusion prevention, and application and device control.
Managing Firewall Policies
- In this lesson, you learn how to configure the firewall, define rule components, configure built-in rules, protection, and stealth settings, and Windows integration.
Managing Intrusion Prevention Policies
- In this lesson, you configure network and browser intrusion prevention to prevent network and browser attacks using Symantec signatures.
- You also learn how to create custom signatures.
Managing Application and Device Control Policies
- In this lesson, you learn how to restrict access to applications and devices using the Application and Device policy.
Customizing Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control
- In this lesson, you learn how to customize firewall policies, manage policy components, configure learned applications, and configure system lockdown.
- In this lesson, you learn how SEP 12. 1 manages virtual servers and clients.
- You also learn about virtual image exception, Shared Insight Cache, virtual client tagging, and the offline image scanner.
Configuring Replication and Failover and Load Balancing
- In this lesson, you learn how replication works.
- You also learn how to configure replication and failover and load balancing.
Performing Server and Database Management
- In this lesson, you learn how to manage SEPM servers, maintain server security, communicate with other servers, and manage administrators and the database.This lesson also covers disaster recovery techniques.
Advanced Monitoring and Reporting
- In this lesson, you learn how to monitor SEP 12.1.
- You also learn how to analyze and manage logs, configure and view notifications, and run reports.
- In addition, this lesson introduces you to IT Analytics.
Interfacing the SEPM with Protection Center
- In this lesson, you learn how the SEPM interfaces with Protection Center.
- You also learn how to make configuration changes and log on to the SEPM using Protection Center.
You must have working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/ IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 operating systems.