Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV
- Course Code CL310
- Duration 4 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
Learn to deploy, manage, and configure Red Hat Ceph Storage and Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
The OpenStack Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.
Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
- Experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn:
- To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
- The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Access Ceph storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
- Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
- Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
- Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
- Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Create snapshots and clones
Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Integrate Ceph with the Glance Image service
Integrate Ceph with the Glance image service, the Cinder block storage service, and the Nova compute service.
Introduce networking fundamentals
Explain standard networking concepts and OpenStack Neutron networking concepts and services.
Implement virtual bridging
Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Implement virtual network devices
Create and deploy virtual network devices.
Implement network namespaces
Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
Manage neutron services
Verify and manage the configuration of Neutron networking service.
Provision project networks
Provision project networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Implement load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
Troubleshoot Neutron networking services
Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack (EX210) certification or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV
- Operating Systems
- CL310 | Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV | Training Course | Red Hat.
- Red Hat