Advanced Windows Store App Development Using C#
- Course Code M20485
- Duration 5 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
In this course the students will learn the more advanced programming skills and techniques that they can use to optimize their Windows Store app and differentiate their app from other apps in the Windows Store. These advanced skills and techniques include a combination of both design and development skills. The students will also learn about supporting the apps that they have published to the Windows Store.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment and who are comfortable programming in C# and XAML to create Windows 8 apps.
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
Module 1: Windows Store Apps Essentials
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials - Presentation
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials - Under the Hood
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Using Animation
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Module 4: Branding and a Seamless User Interface
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Differentiate your app with branding
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
- Windows Store App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Creating Custom Controls
- Extending Existing Controls
- Creating and Consuming WinMD Components
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
- The Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
- The Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Communicating with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
Module 9: Capturing Media
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Module 10: Background Tasks
- Creating Background Tasks
- Consuming Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Module 12: Generating Revenue with your App
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implement In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in Windows Store Apps
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
- Tracing a Windows Store App
- Profiling a Windows Store App
- 6–12 months experience programming in HTML5
- 3–6 months experience using Visual Studio 2012 (including experience using Windows 8's preview builds)
- 1 month of experience working on Windows 8 apps
- This course helps prepare candidate for exam 70-485
- Exam 70-485: Advanced Windows Store App Development using C#: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- MCSD: Windows Store Apps using C#