Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification (CHFI)
A CHFI is a skilled professional trained in the application of computer investigation and analysis techniques in the interests of determining potential legal evidence. CHFI certified professionals are aware of legally sound detailed methodological approach to computer forensics and evidence analysis.
Benefits of Forensic Readiness:
- Evidence can be gathered to act in the company’s defense if subject to a lawsuit
- In the event of a major incident, a fast and efficient investigation can be conducted and corresponding actions can be followed with minimal disruption to the business
- Extend the target of information security to the wider threat from cybercrime, such as intellectual property protection, fraud, or extortion.
- Improve and make the interface to law enforcement easier.
Exams and Recommended Training
|Required Exams||Recommended Training Courses|
|312-49||Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)|
- If a candidate attends an official EC-Council training either at an Accredited Training Center, via the iClass platform, or at an approved academic institution, the candidate is eligible to attempt the relevant EC-Council exam without going through the application process.
- If a candidate has not attended training then in order to be considered for the EC-Council exam candidates must request and gain approval via the eligibility application process. Full details of the eligibility application process can be found at https://cert.eccouncil.org/application-process-eligibility.html, the application form can be found here: https://cert.eccouncil.org/Exam-Eligibility-Form.html
EC-Council certifications are valid for three years from the date of certification. During the three year period, the certification must be renewed by participating in EC-Council Continuing Education (ECE) Program. Full details of the EC-Council’s ECE Policy can be found at https://cert.eccouncil.org/ece-policy.html