Cisco CCNP Security Certification
This new CCNP Security certification proves your skills with security solutions. To earn the CCNP Security certification, you will need to pass two exams: a core exam and a security concentration of your choosing, allowing you to focus your training on a technology that is most relevant to you.
- The core exam focuses on your knowledge of security infrastructure.
- Concentration exams focus on emerging and industry-specific topics such as including identity and access management, web and email security, Next Generation Firewalls, Next Generation IPS, VPN solutions and security automation.
Please note: None of the below exams will be available until 24th of February 2020
If you have already started on the old CCNP Security track, then the message is to complete before the cut-over.
If you do not think you will be able to complete, then please check our migration pages or talk to a Global Knowledge Training Executive to ensure you maximise the learning you have completed to date.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCNP Security, but ideally candidates will have three to five years of experience implementing security solutions.
Required Exams and Recommended Training
|Required Exams||Training Courses|
|300-701 SCOR||Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)
|Select one of the below Concentrations|
|300-710 SNCF||Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW)
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS)
|300-715 SISE||Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE)|
|300-720 SESA||Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance (SESA)|
|300-725 SWSA||Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Appliance (SWSA)|
|300-730 SVPN||Implementing Secure Solutions with Virtual Private Networks (SVPN)|
|300-735 SAUTO||Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions (SAUI)
Recertification is an important indicator to you and your employer that you have kept up with current technology trends and validated your skills at the rigorous level of the original certification exam. All certifications will have a three-year recertification deadline
- Pass one technology core exam
- Pass any two professional concentration exams
- Pass one CCIE lab exam
- Earn 80 Continuing Education points as the Continuing Education program will be extended to the CCNA, Specialist, CCNP, CCIE certifications – 80 Credits will be required for Professional Level recertifications