Security Operations on AWS
- Course Code GK3338
- Duration 3 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Traditional Classroom Learning
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This course is intended for:
- Security engineers
- Security architects
- Security analysts
- Security auditors
- Individuals who are responsible for governing, auditing, and testing an organization’s IT infrastructure, and ensuring conformity of the infrastructure to security, risk, and compliance guidelines
This course teaches you how to:
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared security responsibility model.
- Mange user identity and access management in the AWS cloud.
- Use AWS security services such as AWS Identity and Access Management, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Key Management Service, AWS CloudHSM, and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Implement better security controls for your resources in the AWS cloud.
- Manage and audit your AWS resources from a security perspective.
- Monitor and log access and usage of AWS compute, storage, networking, and database services.
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared compliance responsibility model.
- Identify AWS services and tools to help automate, monitor, and manage security operations on AWS.
- Perform security incident management in the AWS cloud.
This course covers the following concepts:
- Introduction to Cloud Security
- Security of the AWS Cloud
- Cloud Aware Governance and Compliance
- Identity and Access Management
- Securing AWS Infrastructure Services
- Securing AWS Container Services
- Securing AWS Abstracted Services
- Using AWS Security Services
- Data Protection in the AWS Cloud
- Building Compliant Workloads on AWS—Case Study
- Security Incident Management in the Cloud
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended AWS Security Fundamentals
- Experience with governance, risk, and compliance regulations and control objectives
- Working knowledge of IT security practices
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts