Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2
- Kurskode M20410
- Varighet 5 Dager
Hva er en GTC?
Dette kurset er tilgjengelig i følgende formater:
E-læring i eget tempo
Læring som er virtuell
Forespørr dette kurset i et annet leveringsformat
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS), Group Policy, File and Print services, and Hyper-V.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410:Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment. Candidates typically interested in attending this course would be:
Windows Server Administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and the related technologies and are looking to upskill on Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
IT Professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the pre-requisites and are looking to cross train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
IT Professionals who are looking to take the 410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam
IT professional wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
- Deploy and Manage Windows Server 2012.
- Describe Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS Administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V.
- Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 Overview
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Deploying Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Windows Server 2012 Server Core
- Managing Servers
- Using Windows PowerShell to Manage Servers
- Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
- Lab : Installing Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
- Installing a Domain Controller by using IFM
- Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
- Lab : Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Delegating Administration for a Branch Office
- Creating and Configuring User Accounts in AD DS
- Managing Computer Objects in AD DS
- Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Using Command-line Tools for AD DS Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Automating AD DS Administration by Using Windows PowerShell
- Creating User Accounts and Groups by Using Windows PowerShell
- Using Windows PowerShell to Create User Accounts in Bulk
- Using Windows PowerShell to Modify User Accounts in Bulk
- Module 5: Implementing IPv4
- Overview of TCP/IP
- Understanding IPv4 Addressing
- Subnetting and Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
- Lab : Implementing IPv4
- Identifying Appropriate Subnets
- Troubleshooting IPv4
- Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Installing a DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
- Lab : Implementing DHCP
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing a DHCP Relay Agent (Optional Exercise)
- Module 7: Implementing DNS
- Installing a DNS Server
- Managing DNS Zones
- Lab : Implementing DNS
- Installing and Configuring DNS
- Creating Host Records in DNS
- Managing the DNS Server Cache
- Module 8: Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv4
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Lab : Implementing IPv6
- Configuring an IPv6 Network
- Configuring an ISATAP Router
- Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Lab : Implementing Local Storage
- Installing and Configuring a New Disk
- Resizing Volumes
- Configuring a Redundant Storage Space
- Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting Shared Files and Folders by Using Shadow Copies
- Configuring Work Folders
- Configuring Network Printing
- Lab : Implementing File and Print Services
- Creating and Configuring a File Share
- Configuring Shadow Copies
- Enabling and Configuring Work Folders
- Creating and Configuring a Printer Pool
- Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
- Lab : Implementing Group Policy
- Configuring a Central Store
- Creating GPOs
- Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Windows Operating Systems Security Overview
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Lab : Increasing Security for Server Resources
- Using Group Policy to Secure Member Servers
- Auditing File System Access
- Auditing Domain Logons
- Lab : Configuring AppLocker and Windows Firewall
- Configuring AppLocker Policies
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
- Lab : Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Installing the Hyper-V Role
- Configuring Virtual Networking
- Creating and Configuring a Virtual Machine
- Using Virtual Machine Checkpoints
- An understanding of networking fundamentals
- An understanding of basic Active Directory concepts
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8
All of the above pre-requisites can be met by taking course 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure