Cybersecurity Taster - Introduction free On-Demand training course
- Dates: 05 October, 2018
Computers and related technologies have become essential parts of our work, life and hobbies. But with this added convenience and productivity ability, the risk exists. Discover through the online training taster, which covers the first hour of our comprehensive training Cybersecurity Foundations, the current state of play of IT security, the types of common threats, defense options and the role that the risk management in computer security.
What You’ll Learn
- The meaning of the CIA triad and how it applies to establishing security for your organization
- Core questions to ask when security baselining
- Internal administrative controls and their role in managing security policy
- Common types of security threats
- Key considerations of security controls
- Criminal hacking vs. ethical hacking
- Understanding the role of risk management in a security policy
- Data protection methods
- What is security?
- Confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Security baselining
- Security concerns: Humans
- Types of threats
- Security controls
- What is hacking?
- Risk management
- Data in motion vs. data at rest
- Module review
This course is intended for all people using computers and technologies in a work environment.