Advanced Junos Security
- Course Code AJSEC
- Duration 4 days
- Version 20.1R
Additional Payment Options
GTC 43 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This four-day course, which is designed to build off the current Juniper Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security, next-generation security features, and ATP supporting software. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of advanced logging and reporting, next generation Layer 2 security, next generation advanced anti-malware with Juniper ATP On-Prem and SecIntel. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 20.1R1.11, Junos Space Security Director 19.4, Juniper ATP On-Prem version 5.0.7.
- This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Juniper security components.
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Juniper Security courses.
- Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
- Describe the Juniper Connected Security model.
- Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
- Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
- Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
- Demonstrate understanding of Tenant Systems (TSYS).
- Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
- Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
- Describe and discuss Juniper ATP and its function in the network.
- Describe and implement Juniper Connected Security with Policy Enforcer in a network.
- Describe firewall filters use on a security device.
- Implement firewall filters to route traffic.
- Explain how to troubleshoot zone problems.
- Describe the tools available to troubleshoot SRX Series devices.
- Describe and implement IPsec VPN in a hub-and-spoke model.
- Describe the PKI infrastructure.
- Implement certificates to build an ADVPN network.
- Describe using NAT, CoS and routing protocols over IPsec VPNs.
- Implement NAT and routing protocols over an IPsec VPN.
- Describe the logs and troubleshooting methodologies to fix IPsec VPNs.
- Implement working IPsec VPNs when given configuration that are broken.
- Describe Incident Reporting with Juniper ATP On-Prem device.
- Configure mitigation response to prevent spread of malware.
- Explain SecIntel uses and when to use them.
- Describe the systems that work with SecIntel.
- Describe and implement advanced NAT options on the SRX Series devices.
- Explain DNS doctoring and when to use it.
- Describe NAT troubleshooting logs and techniques.
1 COURSE INTRODUCTION
2 Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
- Transparent Mode Security
- Secure Wire
- Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
LAB 1: Implementing Layer 2 Security
3 Firewall Filters
- Using Firewall Filters to Troubleshoot
- Routing Instances
- Filter-Based Forwarding
LAB 2: Implementing Firewall Filters
4 Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
- General Troubleshooting for Junos Devices
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
- Zone and Policy Case Studies
LAB 3: Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
5 Hub-and-Spoke VPN
- Configuration and Monitoring
LAB 4: Implementing Hub-and-Spoke VPNs
6 Advanced NAT
- Configuring Persistent NAT
- Demonstrate DNS Doctoring
- Configure IPv6 NAT Operations
- Troubleshooting NAT
LAB: 5: Implementing Advanced NAT Features
7 Logical and Tenant Systems
- Administrative Roles
- Differences Between LSYS and TSYS
- Configuring LSYS
- Configuring TSYS
LAB 6: Implementing TSYS
8 PKI and ADVPNs
- PKI Overview
- PKI Configuration
- ADVPN Overview
- ADVPN Configuration and Monitoring
LAB 7: Implementing ADVPNs
9 Advanced IPsec
- NAT with IPsec
- Class of Service with IPsec
- Best Practices
- Routing OSPF over VPNs
LAB 8: Implementing Advanced IPsec Solutions
10 Troubleshooting IPsec
- IPsec Troubleshooting Overview
- Troubleshooting IKE Phase 1 and 2
- IPsec Logging
- IPsec Case Studies
LAB 9: Troubleshooting IPsec
11 Juniper Connected Security
- Security Models
- Enforcement on Every Network Device
- Security Feed
- Encrypted Traffic Analysis
- Use Cases for SecIntel
LAB 10: Implementing SecIntel
13 Advanced Juniper ATP On-Prem
- Private Mode
- Incident Response
- Deployment Models
LAB 11: Implementing Advanced ATP On-Prem
14 Automated Threat Mitigation
- Identify and Mitigate Malware Threats
- Automate Security Mitigation
LAB 12: Identifying and Mitigating Threats
A Group VPNs
- Implementing Group VPNs
- Strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge
- Complete the Juniper Security (JSEC) course prior to attending this class