IBM InfoSphere FastTrack Essentials V9.1
- Course Code KM632G
- Duration 1 day
Additional Payment Options
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This course is designed to teach IBM InfoSphere Fasttrack fundamentals both in concepts and hands on. The course is updated to Information Server V9.1. This course enables you to acquire the skills necessary to create mapping specifications in FastTrack and generate DataStage jobs from them.
This basic course is designed to teach IBM InfoSphere Fasttrack fundamentals to Business Analysts and DataStage Developers.
- Describe what FastTrack is used for
- Describe FastTrack features
- Log onto and navigate around FastTrack
- Import metadata to use in FastTrack mapping specifications
- Create mapping specifications
- Import and export mapping specifications
- Create joins, filters, aggregations, and switches in mapping specifications
- Generate DataStage jobs from mapping specifications
- Generate mapping specifications from DataStage jobs
- Use istool to import and export FastTrack metadata assets
- Unit 1 - Introduction to FastTrack
- Unit 2 - Working in FastTrack
- Unit 3 - Building a Simple Mapping Specification
- Unit 4 - Complex Mapping Specifications
- Unit 5 - Data Rules and Mapping Compositions
- Unit 6 - Business Terms, Imports and Reports
- Unit 7 - Generating Mapping Specifications from DataStage jobs
- Unit 8 - Importing and Exporting FastTrack and DataStage Metadata Assets using istool
There are no prerequisites for this course.