DB2 10 for z/OS Utilities for Database Administrators
- Course Code CV871G
- Duration 3 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This course is designed to teach you advanced topics about DB2 for z/OS utilities. It is assumed that you attended course DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831GB) so that you already have basic skills about the main utilities. Recovery-oriented topics are not part of this course, so such utility functions are not presented.
This course replaces course (CV870GB). This is the Classroom version of Instructor-led online course DB2 10 for z/OS Utilities for Database Administrators - instructor led online (3V871GB).
Please refer to course overview.
- Use RUNSTATS to accelerate the performance of a given SQL access
- Employ DSN1COPY, REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE for DBA tasks which are not recovery-oriented
- Use parallel index build with the LOAD, REORG and REBUILD INDEX utilities
- Load partitions in parallel
- Determine the appropriate LOAD options to use while considering concurrency and performance requirements
- Choose appropriate options with REORG and UNLOAD to achieve optimal performance and availability
- Provide appropriate LISTDEF, TEMPLATE, and OPTIONS utility control statements for use in DB2 utilities
- CV831 utilities review
- RUNSTATS, DSN1COPY,REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE
- LOAD and REBUILD INDEX performance and availability
- Online CHECK DATA
- REORG performance and availability
- UNLOAD performance and availability
- Generic utility jobs (LISTDEF and TEMPLATE)
- Appendix: Clone tables
The course includes extensive machine exercises.
You should have attended course:
- DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV830) or DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831GB), or have attained a similar level of knowledge