IBM DB2 SQL Workshop
- Course Code CE121G
- Duration 2 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This course replaces course SQL Workshop (CE120GB). This is the Classroom version of Instructor-led online course SQL Workshop - Instructor Led Online (3E121GB).
This course provides an introduction to the SQL language.
This course is appropriate for customers working in all DB2 environments, that is, z/OS, VM/VSE, iSeries, Linux, UNIX, and Windows. It is also appropriate for customers working in an Informix environment.
Everyone needing to write, support, or understand SQL queries. This includes but is not limited to end-users, programmers, application designers, database administrators, and system administrators who do not yet have knowledge of the SQL Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Code SQL statements to retrieve data from a DB2 or Informix table, including the SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY clauses
- Code inner joins and non-correlated subqueries
- Use SQL arithmetic operations
- Use scalar and column functions
- Use UNION and UNION ALL
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rows
- Code simple CREATE TABLE and CREATE VIEW statements
- Simple SQL Queries
- Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
- Scalar Functions and Arithmetic
- Column Functions and Grouping
- UNION and UNION ALL
- Using Subqueries
- Maintaining data
You should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic editing skills
- Database skills are not required