IBM Fast Path to Informix for Experienced Relational Database Administrators
- Course Code IX480G
- Duration 4 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
In this course, you will use your experience with other relational database management systems as a basis for learning how to administer the Informix database server. You will learn the terminologies used to describe Informix database server objects and processes. You will learn how to configure and start an Informix database server instance, and perform tasks related to the monitoring and maintenance of the instance. You will also learn the terminology and tasks required to design and maintain Informix databases and queries.
This intermediate course is designed for database and system administrators.
- Configure and initialize an Informix database instance
- Add and remove spaces and chunks
- Manage the operating mode of the database server
- Monitor server activity
- Create and alter database objects
- Explain locking granularity
- Explain Informix isolation levels
- Use SET EXPLAIN to obtain a query plan
- Use UPDATE STATISTICS to better define data distribution
- Create simple stored procedures and triggers
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
You should have:
- Experience with administration of other relational database management systems.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems