Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing
- Course Code AJER
- Duration 5 days
- Version 19.a
Additional Payment Options
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This five-day course is designed to provide students with the tools required for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Layer 3 components in an enterprise network. Detailed coverage of OSPF, BGP, multicast, class of service (CoS), and EVPN-VXLAN is covered in depth. The course also exposes students to common troubleshooting commands and tools used to troubleshoot various intermediate to advanced issues.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and protocol operations.
This course uses Juniper Networks vSRX virtual firewall for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 19.3R1.8.
Participants in the course should have:
- A desire to learn how to manage and configure advanced routing protocol features.
- A desire to learn about EVPN/VXLAN.
- A desire to learn how to migrate to an L3 IP Fabric
Day 1 Topics
- OSPFv2 Review
- OSPF Areas
- Advanced OSPF Options
Day 2 Topics
- Troubleshooting OSPF
- BGP operations, configuration and path selection
- BGP Attributes and Policy
- BGP Troubleshooting
Day 3 Topics
- Enterprise Routing Policies
- Troubleshooting Policies
- Introduction to Multicast
Day 4 Topics
Day 5 Topics
This course has the following prerequisites:
- Have TCP/IP and Junos networking experience.
- Have working experience with basic routing protocols.
- Attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS)
- Attend the Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) courses