VCE Vblock Infrastructure Platforms Administration and Management
Provision, manage, and monitor the Vblock Infrastructure Platforms.
In this course, you will learn the concepts and tasks required to provision, manage, and monitor the Vblock Infrastructure Platforms. You will focus on the EMC Ionix Unified Infrastructure Manager (UIM) product, as well as certain aspects of the various system element managers.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Vblock Infrastructure components
- Key objects used for Vblock administration, including service profile templates, service profiles, and resource pools
- Create EMC UIM/P service offerings and catalogs
- Inventory, grade, and provision server resources
- Manage storage pools and the base storage configuration
- Utilize element managers to validate initial configuration of the Vblock Infrastructure
- Perform common Vblock management tasks using the appropriate tools
Who Needs to Attend
Individuals who will perform ongoing administrative tasks on the Vblock Infrastructure Platforms
To successfully complete this course you must have a knowledgebase of:
- System administration (Windows, Linux, and user administration)
- Connectivity (FC, Ethernet, NAS, and FCoE)
- ESXi 4.1 implementation and configuration
- Virtual machine deployment and configuration
- Cisco UCS
- Storage concepts (tiering, pools, and thick and thin LUNs)
- Data center monitoring (alert configuration and system log analysis)
- Service grading (resource utilization, distribution, and prioritization)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Vblock Platform
- Vblock Infrastructure Platform Management
- Vblock UIM/Provisioning and Configuration Center Administration
- Vblock Infrastructure Monitoring
- Vblock Infrastructure Security