- Course Code JSEC
- Duration 5 days
- Version 17.A
Additional Payment Options
GTC 46 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This five-day course covers the configuration, operation, and implementation of SRX Series Services Gateways in a typical network environment. Key topics within this course include: security zones, security policies, Network Address Translation (NAT), IPsec VPNs, and chassis clustering.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations of Junos security devices. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the primary hands-on component.
This course is based on Junos OS Release 17.4R1.16, and the vSRX 2.0 virtual appliance.
This course benefits operators of SRX Series devices. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
Describe traditional routing and security.
Provide an overview of the Junos OS software architecture and SRX Series Services Gateway devices .
Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series Services Gateway devices.
Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
Troubleshoot security zones and policies.
Describe, configure, and monitor NAT, as implemented on Junos security platforms.
Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
Implement and monitor route-based IPsec VPNs.
Implement and monitor Hub-and-Spoke VPNs, Group VPNs, and ADVPNs.
Troubleshoot IPsec VPNs.
Describe, configure, and monitor chassis clusters.
Troubleshoot chassis clusters.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Security
- Traditional Routing and Security
- Architecture Overview of Junos Security Devices
- Logical Packet Flow through Junos Security Devices
- J-Web Overview
Chapter 3: Zones and Screen Options
- Zones Overview
- Zone Configuration
- Monitoring Security Zones
- Configuring Screen Options
- Screen Options Case Study
- Lab 1: Configuring Zones and Screen Options
Chapter 4: Security Policies
- Security Policy Overview
- Policy Components
- Security Policy Configuration in J-Web
- Policy Case Study (CLI)
- Policy Case Study (J-Web)
- Lab 2: Security Policies
Chapter 5: Advanced Security Policy
- Session Management
- Junos ALGs
- Policy Scheduling
- Advanced Security Policy with Security Director
- Lab 3: Advanced Security Policy
Chapter 6: Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
- General Troubleshooting for Junos Devices
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
- Zone and Policy Case Studies
- Lab 4: Troubleshooting Security Zones and Policies
Chapter 7: Network Address Translation
- NAT Overview
- Source NAT
- Destination NAT
- Static NAT
- Proxy ARP
- Configuring NAT in Security Director
- Lab 5: Network Address Translation
Chapter 8: Advanced NAT
- Persistent NAT
- DNS Doctoring
- IPv6 with NAT
- Advanced NAT Scenarios
- Troubleshooting NAT
- Lab 6: Advanced NAT
Chapter 9: IPsec VPN Concepts
- VPN Types
- Secure VPN Requirements
- IPsec Tunnel Establishment
- IPsec Traffic Processing
Chapter 10: IPsec VPN Implementation
- IPsec VPN Configuration
- IPsec VPN Configuration Case Study
- Proxy IDs and Traffic Selectors
- Monitoring IPsec VPNs
- Lab 7: Implementing IPsec VPNs
Chapter 11: Hub-and-Spoke VPNs
- Hub-and-Spoke VPN Overview
- Hub-and-Spoke Configuration and Monitoring
- Hub-and-Spoke Configuration with Security Director
- Lab 8: Hub-and-Spoke VPNs
Chapter 12: Group VPNs
- Group VPN Overview
- Group VPN Configuration and Monitoring
- Lab 9: Group VPNs
Chapter 13: PKI and ADVPNs
- Public Key Infrastructure
- ADVPN Overview
- ADVPN Configuration and Monitoring
- Lab 10: PKI and ADVPNs
Chapter 14: Advanced IPsec
- NAT with IPsec
- Class of Service with IPsec
- Enterprise Best Practices
- Routing OSPF over IPsec
- IPsec with Overlapping Addresses
- IPsec with Dynamic Gateway IP Addresses
- Lab 11: Advanced IPsec VPN Solutions
Chapter 15: Troubleshooting IPsec
- IPsec Troubleshooting Overview
- Troubleshooting IKE Phase 1 and 2
- IPsec Logging
- IPsec Case Studies
- Lab 12: Troubleshooting IPsec
Chapter 16: Chassis Cluster Concepts
- Chassis Clustering Overview
- Chassis Cluster Components
- Chassis Cluster Operation
Chapter 17: Chassis Cluster Implementation
- Chassis Cluster Configuration
- Advanced Chassis Cluster Options
- Lab 13: Implementing Chassis Clusters
Chapter 18: Troubleshooting Chassis Clusters
- Troubleshooting Chassis Clusters
- Chassis Cluster Case Studies
- Lab 14: Troubleshooting Chassis Clusters
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
- Branch SRX Platform Overview
- Mid-Range SRX Platform Overview
- High-End SRX Platform Overview
- SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
- SRX Interfaces
Appendix B: Virtual SRX
- Virtualization Overview
- Network Virtualization and SDN
- Overview of the Virtual SRX
- Deployment Scenarios
- Integration with AWS