Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
Achieving the Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) credential demonstrates your understanding and ability to apply privacy and data protection practices in the development, measurement and improvement of a privacy program, using a privacy program operational lifecycle. The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) developed the CIPM program in response to overwhelming demand to collect and collate common practices for managing privacy operations.
Certified Information Privacy Manager Exam
About the Exam
The CIPM exam consists of 70 scored multiple-choice items and 20 non-scored multiple-choice trial items, about half of which are scenario-based. The passing score is 300 out of 500 possible points.
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) Prep Course
- Certified Information Privacy Professional and Manager (CIPP/E, CIPM) Prep Course
CIPM Certification Renewal
The CIPM credential is valid for two years. To maintain your credential, you must meet two minimum requirements over the term of your certification:
- Pay an annual certification maintenance fee (included in IAPP's membership fee).
- Fulfill 20 hours of continuing privacy education (CPE).
- Learn more about the certification process, and download the IAPP Privacy Certification Candidate Handbook at https://iapp.org/certify/certification-process.