PMI-ACP® - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
The PMI-ACP credential recognizes your knowledge of agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques across agile methodologies.
Over the last several years, project managers' use of agile approaches has risen, increasing the demand for such expertise. According to PMI®, the use of agile tripled from December 2008 to May 2011, and Gartner predicts that, by the end of 2012, agile methods will be used on 80% of all software development projects. Further, research suggests that using agile methodologies decreases product defects, improves team productivity, and increases delivery of business value.
The PMI-ACP is not limited to project managers or PMP®s. You can apply if you have experience working on agile project teams.
PMI-ACP certification is ideal for practitioners who:
- Use agile practices in their projects
- Work in organizations that have adopted or are planning to adopt agile approaches to project management
- Want to demonstrate their level of professionalism in agile practices of project management
- Want to increase their professional versatility in both waterfall and agile techniques
- Seek to hold a credible certification
The following courses help you prepare for this certification.
To apply for the PMI-ACP, you must have the following:
- Active PMP or PgMP® certification or 2,000 hours working on project teams within the last five years
- 1,500 additional hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies within the last three years
- 1 contact hours in agile practices