Introduction to Cisco Programmability provides a comprehensive introduction to the methods, applications, and utilities available to programmatically deploy and manage your Cisco devices. Check out the FAQs below to learn more about this new course.
What are the benefits of foundational Cisco network programming skills?
Network programmability delivers time and cost savings, reduction of human error, and customization and innovation. By building a base of Cisco network programming skills, you will be able to understand various programming options and make better network management decisions for your organization.
What is the goal of this course?
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the methods, applications and utilities available to programmatically deploy and manage Cisco devices. You will learn about the tools and techniques needed for Cisco programmability and practice in a live lab environment.
What will you learn?
• Compare and contrast examples of why programmability is needed and how this need is growing.
• Review, download and install various tools and techniques needed for Cisco programmability.
• Create Python scripts to automate device administration.
• Manage Cisco devices using the Cisco NX-API.
• Manage Cisco ACI via the APIC GUI, Visore and API Inspector.
• Use UCS PowerTool Suite for Microsoft PowerShell to manage UCS.
• Deploy VMware’s Orchestrator and PowerCLI.
• Create Orchestrator jobs and PowerCLI scripts.
Who should take it?
This course is designed for administrators, engineers and managers who need to understand how to configure, monitor or troubleshoot Cisco devices through programming.
How will this course impact your job?
The management of networks today requires more programmability, automation and orchestration. Understanding the programming languages, tools and best practices of network programmability will prepare you to work with network architectures of the future.
Why should you take this course from Global Knowledge?
In addition to our reputation for high quality course deliveries and incredibly knowledgeable and experienced instructors, this course features frequent guided practice opportunities in a live lab environment.
In this article
- Routing & Switching
- available to programmatically deploy
- cisco devices
- cisco network programming
- cisco network programming skills
- comprehensive introduction to the methods
- introduction to the methods
- introduction to the methods applications
- live lab environment
- manage cisco
- manage cisco devices
- methods applications and utilities
- needed for cisco programmability
- network programming skills
- programmatically deploy and manage
- provides a comprehensive introduction
- techniques needed for cisco
- techniques needed for cisco programmability
- tools and techniques needed
- utilities available to programmatically
- utilities available to programmatically deploy