Business analysts have a new choice for professional certification thanks to the new Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA) certification from the IIBA®. The CCBA™ credential is designed for professionals who lack the work experience or advanced knowledge required for the CBAP® exam, which is also offered by the IIBA.
Candidates are required to have:
- 3750 hours of business analysis work experience pertaining to areas of the BABOK® Guide (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®)
- At least 900 hours in 2 of the 6 knowledge areas of the BABOK Guide or 500 hours in 4 of 6 knowledge areas
- 21 hours or more of professional development
- A high school education (or equivalent)
- 2 references from a career manager, client, or a CBAP recipient
The certification exam becomes available at the end of November. In the meantime, you can download the certification handbook from the IIBA web site and learn more.
Is anyone interested in earning this certification?
Update: the application for the exam is now available online. Visit the CCBA information page to access the application.