The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional certification.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- AWS services: compute and networking, storage and content delivery, database, analytics, application services, and deployment and management.
- At least two years of hands-on experience with production of AWS systems.
- Effective use of Auto Scaling.
- Monitoring and logging.
- AWS security features and best practices.
- Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services.
- Techniques and strategies for maintaining high availability
General IT Knowledge
- Networking concepts.
- Strong system administration (Linux/UNIX or Windows).
- Strong scripting skill set.
- Multitier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases and networking.
- Templates and other configurable items to enable automation.
- Deployment tools and techniques in a distributed environment.
- Basic monitoring techniques in a dynamic environment.
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam
The following course helps you prepare for this certification:
Recertification is required every two years for all AWS Certifications. AWS will send you an email notification about six months before your certification credential is set to expire. Read more about AWS recertification here.