Accelerate Your Big Data Skills
The Cisco Big Data and Analytics curriculum focuses on integrated data management and data virtualization and features the Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data and Analytics and the Cisco Data Virtualization platforms with the Cisco Information Server and Business Directory.
This curriculum provides powerful skills for data professionals to connect data, processes, and experiences and extract actionable insights.
Cisco Data Management Training:
In this course, you will learn how the reference architectures are carefully designed, optimized, and tested with the leading big data software distributions to achieve a balance of performance and capacity to address specific application requirements. The course will cover big data fundamentals and architecture. Lessons will explore Hadoop, streaming analytics, performance tuning and UCS Director Express for big Data. The student will leave with an introductory understanding the benefits of Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data and Analytics.
In this course, you will learn about scaling of cluster to thousands of nodes and management, Lambda architecture for streaming analytics, data lifecycle management with HDFS tiered storage, different approaches for multi-tenant Hadoop cluster deployments with OpenStack, UCSD Express, or with MapR volumes, as well as work-load automation topics concerning the deployment of big data clusters. Additionally, you will learn about application and infrastructure architecture components for each use case with specific focus on Hadoop deployments.
Cisco Data Virtualization Training:
In this course, you will learn the skills necessary to implement data virtualization including data source introspection, views, procedures, and publishing. You will also learn about topics such as query optimization, caching, and security.
- Cisco Information Server solution and its installation
- Procedures available in the Cisco Information Server
- Cisco Information Server operations, including manager, security, and caching
- Various adapter bundles that are available for the Cisco Information Server
In this course, you will learn how the Cisco Information Server fits into your environment and the types of administration tasks typically required by the product.
- Cisco Information Server Overview
- Deploy the Cisco Information Server
- Use and maintain the Cisco Information Server
In this course, you will learn about advanced features of the Cisco Information Server
- Connecting and transforming data
- Procedures available with the CIS
- Operation of security. caching, and query engine in the CIS
- Platform experiences found with the CIS