- Kurskode G013
- Varighet 5 Dager
Hva er en GTC?
Åpent klasserom Pris
NOK30 400,00Forespørr gruppekurs Påmelding
Dette kurset er tilgjengelig i følgende formater:
Læring som er virtuell
Forespørr dette kurset i et annet leveringsformat
This course is intended for those wishing to qualify with CompTIA Security+. CompTIA's Security+Certification is a foundation-level certificate designed for IT administrators with 2 years' experience whose job role is focused on system security.
The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
- Leveringsmetode: Virtuell læring
- Dato: 18-22 september, 2023
- Lokasjon: Virtuelt kurs
- Språk: English
- Leveringsmetode: Virtuell læring
- Dato: 11-15 desember, 2023
- Lokasjon: Virtuelt kurs
- Språk: English
This course will teach you the fundamental principles of installing and configuring cybersecurity controls and participating in incident response and risk mitigation. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus. Study of the course can also help to build the prerequisites to study more advanced IT security qualifications, such as CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA)+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), and ISC’s CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.
The course consists of a study volume, containing indexed notes and review questions, plus exam objectives mapping, exam information, and a comprehensive glossary. The course also comes with an online practice exam, pre-requisites test, and pre-/post-unit assessment tests. An instructor edition of the course is available with margin notes and tips for the trainer. Access to course resources (setup guides and data, PowerPoint slides, timetables, and extra exam information) on gtslearning's trainer portal is also available, subject to meeting minimum order requirements. Hosted versions of the classroom labs and self-paced labs to accompany the course are also available.
Module 1 / Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Indicators of Compromise - Why is Security Important? - Security Policy - Threat Actor Types - The Kill Chain - Social Engineering - Phishing - Malware Types - Trojans and Spyware - Open Source Intelligence - Labs - VM Orientation - Malware Types
- Critical Security Controls - Security Control Types - Defense in Depth - Frameworks and Compliance - Vulnerability Scanning and Pen Tests - Security Assessment Techniques - Pen Testing Concepts - Vulnerability Scanning Concepts - Exploit Frameworks - Lab - Using Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Security Posture Assessment Tools - Topology Discovery - Service Discovery - Packet Capture - Packet Capture Tools - Remote Access Trojans - Honeypots and Honeynets - Labs - Using Network Scanning Tools 1 - Using Network Scanning Tools 2 - Using Steganography Tools
- Incident Response - Incident Response Procedures - Preparation Phase - Identification Phase - Containment Phase - Eradication and Recovery Phases
Module 2 / Identity and Access Management
- Cryptography - Uses of Cryptography - Cryptographic Terminology and Ciphers - Cryptographic Products - Hashing Algorithms - Symmetric Algorithms - Asymmetric Algorithms - Diffie-Hellman and Elliptic Curve - Transport Encryption - Cryptographic Attacks - Lab - Implementing Public Key Infrastructur
- Public Key Infrastructure - PKI Standards - Digital Certificates - Certificate Authorities - Types of Certificate - Implementing PKI - Storing and Distributing Keys - Key Status and Revocation - PKI Trust Models - PGP / GPG - Lab - Deploying Certificates and Implementing Key Recovery
- Identification and Authentication - Access Control Systems - Identification - Authentication - LAN Manager / NTLM - Kerberos - PAP, CHAP, and MS-CHAP - Password Attacks - Token-based Authentication - Biometric Authentication - Common Access Card - Lab - Using Password Cracking Tools
- Identity and Access Services - Authorization - Directory Services - RADIUS and TACACS+ - Federation and Trusts - Federated Identity Protocols
Module 3 / Architecture and Design (1)
- Secure Network Design - Network Zones and Segments - Subnetting - Switching Infrastructure - Switching Attacks and Hardening - Endpoint Security - Network Access Control - Routing Infrastructure - Network Address Translation - Software Defined Networking - Lab - Implementing a Secure Network Design
- Firewalls and Load Balancers - Basic Firewalls - Stateful Firewalls - Implementing a Firewall or Gateway - Web Application Firewalls - Proxies and Gateways - Denial of Service Attacks - Load Balancers - Labb - Implementing a Firewall
- IDS and SIEM - Intrusion Detection Systems - Configuring IDS - Log Review and SIEM - Data Loss Prevention - Malware and Intrusion Response - Lab - Using an Intrusion Detection System
- Secure Wireless Access - Wireless LANs - WEP and WPA - WiFi Authentication - Extensible Authentication Protocol - Additional Wi-Fi Security Settings - Wi-Fi Site Security - Personal Area Networks
- Physical Security Controls - Site Layout and Access - Gateways and Locks - Alarm Systems - Surveillance - Hardware Security - Environmental Controls
Module 4 / Architecture and Design (2)
- Secure Protocols and Services - DHCP Security - DNS Security - Network Management Protocols - HTTP and Web Servers - SSL / TSL and HTTPS - Web Security Gateways - Email Services - S/MIME - File Transfer - Voice and Video Services - VoIP - Labs - Implementing Secure Network Addressing Services - Configuring a Secure Email Service
- Secure Remote Access - Remote Access Architecture - Virtual Private Networks - IPSec - Remote Access Servers - Remote Administration Tools - Hardening Remote Access Infrastructure - Lab - Implementing a Virtual Private Network
- Secure Systems Design - Trusted Computing - Hardware / Firmware Security - Peripheral Device Security - Secure Configurations - OS Hardening - Patch Management - Embedded Systems - Security for Embedded Systems
- Secure Mobile Device Services - Mobile Device Deployments - Mobile Connection Methods - Mobile Access Control Systems - Enforcement and Monitoring
- Secure Virtualization and Cloud Services - Virtualization Technologies - Virtualization Security Best Practices - Cloud Computing - Cloud Security Best Practices
Module 5 / Risk Management
- Forensics - Forensic Procedures - Collecting Evidence - Capturing System Images - Handling and Analyzing Evidence - Lab - Using Forensic Tools
- Disaster Recovery and Resiliency - Continuity of Operations Plans - Disaster Recovery Planning - Resiliency Strategies - Recovery Sites - Backup Plans and Policies - Resiliency and Automation Strategies
- Risk Management - Business Impact Analysis - Identification of Critical Systems - Risk Assessment - Risk Mitigation
- Secure Application Development - Application Vulnerabilities - Application Exploits - Web Browser Exploits - Secure Application Design - Secure Coding Concepts - Auditing Applications - Secure DevOps - Lab - Identifying a Man-in-the-Browser Attack
- Organizational Security - Corporate Security Policy - Personnel Management Policies - Interoperability Agreements - Data Roles - Data Sensitivity Labeling and Handling - Data Wiping and Disposal - Privacy and Employee Conduct Policies - Security Policy Training
This courseware bears the seal of CompTIA Approved Quality Content. This seal signifies this content covers 100% of the exam objectives and implements important instructional design principles. CompTIA recommends multiple learning tools to help increase coverage of the learning objectives. The contents of this training material were created for the CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-501 exam covering the 2017 Edition certification exam objectives.
- CompTIA Security+ Bronze Bundle (CM Learn, Exam)
- CompTIA CertMaster Learn for Security+ Individual License
- CompTIA Security+ Gold (CM Learn, CM Labs, Exam)
- CompTIA Security+ Platinum Bundle (CM Learn, CM Practice, CM Labs, Exam)
- CompTIA Security+ Silver Bundle (CM Learn, CM Practice, Exam)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam
- CompTIA Security + (SY0-601)
- CompTIA Security+
- Cybersecurity Foundation & Awareness
- G013 | CompTIA Security+ | Training Course | CompTIA.