ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
- Course Code LSS
- Duration 3 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC 14 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The course builds on the principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course and is aligned to the 2011 syllabus. It focuses on the lifecycle aspects of Service Strategy. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Strategy stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. Lower level details of the processes from Service Strategy are mostly covered in the Service Offering and Agreements capability course. Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Strategy as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Strategy and the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
This course is primarily for IT Managers and Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, and implementation and on- goingsupport and delivery of business IT services and those interfacing with information systems who require an insight into Service Management best practice. This may include Business Analysts, Business Relationship Managers, Project and Programme staff.
- How to design, develop, and implement service management not only as an organisational capability but also as a strategic asset.
- Be prepared for the ITIL Service strategy examination
- Introduction to Service strategy:
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service strategy
- The scope of service strategy
- The value to the business
- The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages.
- Service strategy principles:
- The ability to decide on a service strategy
- How to utilize the four P’s of service strategy
- How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and warranty
- How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business outcomes.
- Service strategy processes
- The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
- The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business.
- The ability to analyse IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance frameworks and bodies.
- Organising for service strategy
- The ability to create an organisational design using the relevant development and departmental methods.
- Technology considerations
- Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle.
- Implementingf service strategy
- Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition,operation and improvement, programmes).
- Challenges, critical sucess factors and risks
- The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors.
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
Delegates are required to hold the ITIL Foundation V3 Certificate in IT Service Management or V2 to V3 bridge equivalent (ITIL V3Foundation Bridge).
The Service strategy certificate in IT Service Management. The examination is a 90 minute paper with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions normally taken at the end of the course. The pass mark is 28/40. The exam to be charged separately.
Please note you must bring a copy of your ITIL Foundation exam certificate, this is required in order for you to take the exam associated with this course.
Follow on CoursesTop
The following courses are recommended for further study:
- ITIL Complementary Courses - Analyst Series, Service Catalogue
- ITIL® v3 Lifecycle Courses
- ITIL® v3 Capability Courses