Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
- Course Code M-MS100
- Duration 5 days
- Version A
Additional Payment Options
GTC 37 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This course covers three central elements of Microsoft 365 enterprise administration: Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, Office 365 management, and Microsoft 365 identity management. In Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, you will examine all the key components that must be planned for when designing your Microsoft 365 tenant. Once this planning phase is complete, you will learn how to configure your Microsoft 365 tenant, including your organizational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, and security groups. Finally, you will learn how to manage your tenant, which includes the configuration of tenant roles and managing your tenant health and services.
With your Microsoft 365 tenant now firmly in place, you will examine the key components of Office 365 management. This begins with an overview of Office 365 product functionality, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, additional product resources, and device management. You will then transition to configuring Office 365, with a primary focus on configuring Office client connectivity to Office 365. Finally, you will examine how to manage Office 365 ProPlus deployments, from user-driven client installations to centralized Office 365 ProPlus deployments. You will wrap up this section by learning how to configure Office Telemetry and Microsoft Analytics.
The course concludes with an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, with a focus on Azure Active Directory Connect. You will learn how to plan for and implement Azure AD Connect, how to manage synchronized identities, and how to implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multi-factor authentication and self-service password management. This section wraps up with a comprehensive look at implementing application and external access. You will learn how to add and manage applications in Azure Active Directory, including how to configure multi-tenant applications. You will then examine how to configure Azure AD Application Proxy, including how to install and register a connector and how to publish an on-premises app for remote access. Finally, you will examine how to design and manage solutions for external access. This includes licensing guidance for Azure AD B2B collaboration, creating a collaborative user, and troubleshooting a B2B collaboration.
These events can be delivered exclusively for your company at our locations or yours, specifically for your delegates and your needs. The Company Events can be tailored or standard course deliveries.
- Designing, configuring, and managing your Microsoft 365 tenant
- Office 365 product functionality
- Configuring Office 365
- Managing Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Planning and implementing identity synchronization
- Implementing application and external access
- Planning Microsoft 365 in your On-premises Infrastructure
- Planning Your Identity and Authentication Solution
- Planning Your Service Setup
- Planning Your Hybrid Enviroment
- Planning Your Migration to Office 365
- Planning Your Microsoft 365 Experience
- Configuring Your Microsoft 365 Experience
- Managing User Accounts and Licenses in Microsoft 365
- Managing Security Groups in Microsoft 365
- Implementing Your Domain Services
- Leveraging FastTrack and Partner Services
- Exercise 1 - Set up a Microsoft 365 Trial Tenant
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
- Exercise 1 - Manage Administration Delegation
- Exercise 2 - Configure Office 365 Message Encryption (OME)
- Exercise 3 - Monitor and Troubleshoot Office 365
- Exchange Online Overview
- SharePoint Online Overview
- Teams Overview
- Additional Resources Overview
- Device Management Overview
- Exercise 1 - Exchange Online Overview
- Exercise 2 - SharePoint Online Overview
- Exercise 3 - Teams Overview
- Office 365 Client Overview
- Configuring Office Client Connectivity to Office 365
- Managing User-Driven Client Installations
- Managing Centralized Office 365 ProPlus Deployments
- Configuring Office Telemetry
- Configuring Microsoft Analytics
- Exercise 1 - Prepare an Office 365 ProPlus Managed Installation
- Exercise 2 - Manage a Centralized Office 365 ProPlus Installation
- Exercise 3 - Deploy and Configure Office Telemetry Components
- Introduction to Identity Synchronization
- Planning for Azure AD Connect
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing Synchronized Identities
- Password Management in Microsoft 365
- Exercise 1 - Set up your organization for identity synchronization
- Exercise 2 - Implement Identity Synchronization
- Implementing Applications in Azure AD
- Configuring Azure AD App Proxy
- Designing Solutions for External Access
- Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security and Compliance, or Collaboration.
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
This course helps you to prepare for exam MS100. But as this is part of an expert certification you should already own one of the Microsoft 365 Associate certifications:
- Modern Desktop
- Teamwork Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Messaging Administrator.