IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 Implementation and Administration
- Course Code TS616G
- Duration 5 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Traditional Classroom Learning
Request this course in a different delivery format.
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object - based data management and policy driven retention.
This five day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands - on lab exercises are performed on a W indows 2012 environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
This lecture and exercise based course is for implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect data management.
After completing this course, you should be able to:fter completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools for protection
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
o Day 1
Unit 1: Components and concepts lecture Unit 1: Components and concepts exercise Unit 2: Installation and configuration lecture Unit 2: Installation and configuration exercise
o Day 2
Unit 3: Interfaces and monitoring lecture Unit 3: Interfaces and monitoring exercise Unit 4: Storage pools and devices lecture Unit 4: Storage pools and devices exercise Unit 5: Policy management, data movement, and exploration lecture
o Day 3
Unit 5: Policy management, data movement, and exploration exercise Unit 6: Server database and storage pool management lecture Unit 6: Server database and storage pool management exercise Unit 7: Client configuration lecture
o Day 4
Unit 7: Client configuration exercise Unit 8: Client data protection lecture Unit 8: Client data protection exercise Unit 9: Daily operations and maintenance lecture
o Day 5
Unit 9: Daily operations and maintenance exercise Unit 10: Schedules and reports lecture Unit 10: Schedules and reports exercise
Can you answer yes to these two statements?
You may wish to take Introduction to Storage prior to this class.
o Introduction to Storage (SS01G) or
o Foundations of Storage (SS00DG) - (Web)
More information is available at www.ibm.com/training