AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level
Learn to develop applications for the AWS cloud
The AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification demonstrates your technical expertise in developing and maintaining applications on the AWS platform.
It validates the following capabilities:
- Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (GK4534) or AWS Technical Essentials (GK4501)
What You Need To Know
AWS Certified Developer – Associate is intended for anyone with one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses of the services, and basic AWS architecture best practices, including the AWS Shared Responsibility Model, application lifecycle management, and the use of containers in the development process
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS and writing code for serverless applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services and use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
Required exam and recommended training
The AWS Certified Solutions Developer - Associate Level exam includes multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You will have 80 minutes to complete it.
|Required Exam||Recommended Training||Exam Prep|
AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam
AWS Technical Essentials (GK4501)
Developing on AWS (GK4504)
Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Developer – Associate (GK7385)
- Advanced Developing on AWS (GK4505)
- DevOps Engineering on AWS (GK1979)
AWS certifications are valid for 3 years. To maintain your AWS Certified status, you are required to periodically demonstrate your continued expertise by recertifying. Recertification helps strengthen the overall value of your AWS certification and shows individuals and employers that your credential covers the latest AWS knowledge, skills, and best practices. Learn more at the AWS website.