The following courses help you prepare for this certification.
Start by taking the following introductory Project Management course:
Then take one of the following Project Management Core courses:
- Project Management, Leadership, and Communication
- Schedule and Cost Control
- Risk Management
- Contract Management Principles and Practices
- Quality for Project Managers
Finally, take one course from either the Project Management Core courses listing above or the Project Management Electives listing below:
- Applied Project Management
- Financial Management for Project Management Professionals
- Negotiation Skills for Project Managers
- Establishing and Managing the Project Management Office
- Project Troubleshooting and Recovery
- Program Management
- Vendor Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Leading Complex Projects
- Earned Value Management
NOTE: Vendor Management and Organizational Change Management must be taken after February 1, 2015 to be applicable towards the Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the required courses and depending on which location you took your training, you will be awarded one of the following:
- an Associate's Certificate in Project Management from McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education; OR
- an Associate's Certificate in Project Management from Université du Québec en Outaouais
Transfer of Credits to another Associate's Certificate or new Advanced Certificate:
- Students wishing to complete an Associate's Certificate in another product line may apply one course toward the second Associate's Certificate.
- Students wishing to complete an Advanced Certificate of Completion in another product line may apply two courses toward the Advanced Certificate.