Advanced Certificate of Completion in Consulting Skills
To earn an Advanced Certificate of Completion in Consulting Skills from McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education, you must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Successfully complete four Consulting Skills courses within two years, comprising a minimum of eight days in-class time, by:
- Completing all out-of-class assignments (online pre-work and post-work in the "prepare" and "perform" phases of the courses)
- Passing the final test at the end of each course with a minimum grade of 70%
- Attending all in-class sessions
2. Provide evidence of project management knowledge in ONE of the following ways:
- In addition to the four Consulting Skills courses, take any one of the following courses: Project Management Overview, Project Management Fundamentals* and IT Project Management* (*one day may be applied towards the minimum 8-day in-class time requirement. Project management course does not count towards the four required Consulting Skills courses).
- Provide evidence of PMP® certification from the Project Management Institute
- Produce evidence of two years experience in a project management role
3. Demonstrate an overall competency through the completion of Global Knowledge's project-based practicum, Certification Practicum for Consulting Professionals, within one year.
4. Candidates must complete all training requirements within two years, and will then have up to one year to complete the Certification Practicum.
NOTE: Consulting Skills courses do not carry academic credit and are not eligible for transfer credits towards any of McMaster University's Diploma programs.
You may take any four of the following Consulting Skills courses:
To provide evidence of project management knowledge, you may take ONE of the following courses:
Upon completion of all training requirements, you must complete the following project-based Practicum:
Upon successful completion of the above requirements, you will be awarded an Advanced Certificate in Consulting Skills by McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education.
Transfer of Credits to another Advanced Certificate or new Associate's Certificate:
- Students wishing to complete an Advanced Certificate of Completion in another product line may apply two courses toward the second Advanced Certificate.
- Students wishing to complete an Associate's Certificate in another product line may apply one course toward the Associate's Certificate.