The following courses help you prepare for this certification.
Start by taking the following two mandatory Core courses beginning with:
- Introduction to Enterprise Architecture for the Public Sector
- Introduction to Business Architecture for the Public Sector
Then take either group of the following Core courses:
- Aligning Public Sector Business and IT Strategies
- Designing Strategically Aligned Public Sector Solutions
Take one more course from the following Elective Courses or Core courses (2 days or greater):
- Data Modeling
- Business Process Analysis
- Effective Facilitation for Business Analysts
- Use Case Modeling
- Analysis and Problem Solving for Consultants
- Making Recommendations - Communication Skills for Consultants
- Program Management
- Leading Complex Projects
- Negotiation Skills for Project Managers
Note that Introduction to Enterprise Architecture, Introduction to Business Architecture, and Aligning Business and IT Strategies courses listed above are available in both public and private sector course versions. Candidates may take a combination of public sector and private sector courses towards the Associate's Certificate in Enterprise Business Architecture however, should not take the private sector version if they have completed the public sector version of the course and vice versa.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will earn the Certificate of Completion – Level 1 in Enterprise Business Architecture awarded by the McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education.
Transfer of credits to another Certificate of Completion – Level 1 or new Certificate of Completion – Level 2:
- Students wishing to complete the Certificate of Completion – Level 1 in another product line may apply one course toward the second Certificate of Completion – Level 1.
- Students wishing to complete the Certificate of Completion – Level 2 in another product line may apply two courses toward the Certificate of Completion – Level 2.