Healthcare Information Security Privacy and Practitioner
The HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPPSM) certification enables you to demonstrate your capabilities of implementing, managing or assessing the right security and privacy controls for your healthcare organization. With a credential backed by (ISC)2, the globally recognized gold standard in information security certification, you can differentiate and enhance your marketability as an information security practitioner. Other (ISC)2 HCISPP certification benefits include:
- Advancing your career with the only global certification that establishes your foundational practitioner knowledge, experience, and competency in health information security and privacy best practices
- Affirming your commitment to continued competence in the most current security and privacy practices through (ISC)2's continuing professional education (CPE) requirement
Candidates must have one year of cumulative work experience in one or more of the six domains indicated in the HCISPP Common Body of Knowledge® (CBK).
- Healthcare Industry
- Regulatory Environment
- Privacy and Security in Healthcare
- Information Governance and Risk Management
- Information Risk Assessment
- Third-party Risk Management
About the Exam
Students must pass the HCISPP exam with a scaled score of 700 points or greater.
Recertification is required every three years through continuing professional education (CPE) credits. You must post at least 20 of the 60 CPE credits required in the three-year certification cycle.