The following courses help you prepare for this certification.
You must take at least five of the following core courses:
- Business Analysis Essentials
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management
- Élaboration, documentation et gestion des exigences
- Effective Facilitation for Business Analysts
- Business Process Analysis
- Modélisation de cas d'utilisation
- Analyse de processus de travail
- Use Case Modeling
- Data Modeling
- Modélisation de données
- Requirements Validation and Testing
You may take up to two elective courses from the following list:*
- Applied Project Management
- Project Management Overview
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Aperçu de la gestion de projet
- Gestion de projet, leadership et communication
- Project Management, Leadership, and Communication
- Schedule and Cost Control
- Risk Management
- Contract Management Principles and Practices
- Principes et pratiques de gestion de contrats
- Qualité pour les chefs de projet
- Quality for Project Managers
- IT Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Financial Management for Project Management Professionals
- Gestion financière pour les gestionnaires de projet
- Negotiation Skills for Project Managers
- Report and Proposal Writing
*Project Management Overview, Project Management Fundamentals or IT Project Management cannot be used in combination with each other.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will earn an Advanced Certificate of Completion in Business Analysis awarded by the McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education.
Transfer of Credits to another Advanced Certificate or new Associate's Certificate:
- Students wishing to complete an Advanced Certificate of Completion in another product line may apply two courses toward the second Advanced Certificate.
- Students wishing to complete an Associate's Certificate in another product line may apply one course toward the Associate's Certificate.