Data Science Associate (EMCDSA)
Achieving EMCDSA certification confirms your ability to immediately participate and contribute as a data science team member on big data and other analytics projects by:
- Deploying the Data Analytics Lifecycle to address big data analytics projects.
- Reframing a business challenge as an analytics challenge.
- Applying appropriate analytic techniques and tools to analyze big data, create statistical models, and identify insights that can lead to actionable results.
- Selecting appropriate data visualizations to clearly communicate analytic insights to business sponsors and analytic audiences.
- Using tools such as R and RStudio, MapReduce/Hadoop, in-database analytics, and Window and MADlib functions.
- Understanding how advanced analytics can be used to create competitive advantage and how the data scientist role and skills differ from those of a traditional business.
- A strong quantitative background
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Java, Perl, or Python (or R)
- Experience with SQL