The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS Solutions Architect – Professional certification.
- Required: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification.
- Two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS.
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning applications on AWS.
- Ability to provide best practices guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications, projects or the enterprise.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- AWS core services, including Compute and Networking, Storage and CDN, Database, Application Services, Deployment and Management.
- Security features that AWS provides and best practices.
- Ability to design and implement for elasticity and scalability.
- Network technologies as they relate to AWS networking, including DNS and load balancing, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and AWS Direct Connect.
- Storage and archival options.
- State management.
- Database and replication methodologies.
- Self-healing techniques and fault-tolerant services.
- Disaster recovery and failover strategies.
- Application migration plans to AWS.
- Network connectivity options.
- Deployment and management.
General IT Knowledge
- Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
- Eventual consistency.
- Relational and non-relational databases.
- Multitier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, networking and databases.
- Loose coupling and stateless systems.
- Content delivery networks.
- System performance tuning.
- Networking concepts, including routing tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP and OSI model.
- RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- One or more software development models.
- Information and application security concepts, including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials and certificate-based authentication.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam
The following course helps you prepare for this certification: