Module 1: Explore transport services
- Describe the transport components of Exchange.
- Plan an effective message routing for your organization.
- Modify message flow for your organization.
- Describe which transport agents exist and what they do.
Module 2: Configure message transport
- Configure the different transport options.
- Plan and set up domains for your organization.
- Understand how the receive and send connectors work.
Module 3: Manage transport rules
- Understand what transport rules are.
- Describe how transport rules work.
- Configure custom transport rules.
- Describe how transport rules can be used for data loss prevention.
Module 4: Manage mail flow
- Manage mail flow in Exchange organizations.
- Understand mail flow for Exchange Servers.
- Manage mail flow for Exchange Online.
- Describe and manage mail flow in hybrid environments.
Module 5: Troubleshoot mail flow
- Understand how to troubleshoot SMTP mail flow issues.
- Describe how to troubleshoot issues with a shared namespace.
- Describe how to troubleshoot Transport Layer Security encryption issues.
- Understand how Alert policies can be used to troubleshoot mail flow issues.
Module 6: Troubleshoot transport issues
- Troubleshoot network-based issues.
- Plan troubleshooting procedures for connector and agent issues.
- Plan troubleshooting procedures for architectural issues.
- Describe how to troubleshoot transport issues with coexistence.
Module 7: Troubleshoot mail flow using logs
- Create searches for the message tracking log.
- Describe how to troubleshoot using the protocol logs.
- Understand how to work with the event logging for Exchange.
Module 8: Plan for message security
- Explain the use and features of Exchange Online Protection.
- Plan message routing for Exchange Online Protection.
- Investigate the available EOP reports and logs that enable organizations to monitor message hygiene.
Module 9: Manage anti-malware and anti-spam policies
- Understand the different message header fields relevant for spam and spoofing protection.
- Configure anti-spam and anti-malware filters in Exchange Server.
- Manage extra features for outbound spam filtering and quarantine.
- Implement protection features against phishing and spoofing.
- Create transport rules for custom requirements.
Module 10: Explore threat protection in Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe the threat protection features of Microsoft Defender for Office 365.
- Understand how the Configuration analyzer reviews threat protection policies and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Describe the protection provided by Safe Attachment and Safe Links policies.
- Understand the spoof intelligence features provided by Exchange Online Protection.
- Describe how Microsoft Defender anti-phishing policies work.
- Understand the process to manage the Tenant Allow/Block list in Microsoft 365 Defender.
- Understand how Advanced Hunting can be used to track events in your secure messaging environment.
Module 11: Explore messaging compliance in Microsoft 365
- Describe different policy and compliance features for messaging.
- Evaluate the different administrator roles in Microsoft 365.
- Plan retention policies for Exchange Online mailboxes.
- Create message traces to understand the mail flow in your Exchange Online organization.
Module 12: Explore messaging compliance in Exchange
- Describe litigation and in-place holds in Exchange Server.
- Plan retention and deletion with Message Records Management (MRM).
- Analyze your Exchange organization's message tracking log.
Module 13: Manage Exchange Online archiving and auditing
- Describe what in-place archiving is and how it works.
- Understand the differences between journaling and archiving.
- Identify how mailbox and administrator audit logs are used.
Module 14: Manage Content Search
- Design content searches to search for messages in your organization.
- Describe eDiscovery cases and in-place eDiscovery for Exchange.
Module 15: Manage authentication for messaging
- Configure password policy options.
- Configure self-service password management.
- Implement multifactor authentication.
- Plan password policies.
- Configure modern authentication in Exchange Online.
Module 16: Configure organizational settings
- Configure workload policies and throttling.
- Configure quota configurations.
- Deploy Microsoft 365 Integrated apps.
Module 17: Configure organizational sharing
- Provide an overview of Exchange federated delegation sharing features.
- Describe federated sharing components.
- Identify considerations for designing and implementing federation trusts and certificates.
- Implement organization relationships.
- Implement sharing policies.
Module 18: Manage administrator roles
- Describe how RBAC is used to assign roles to users.
- Understand management role groups and their administrative tasks.
- Assign the built-in management roles for messaging administration.
- Create custom management roles and assign them through role assignment policies to users.
- Troubleshoot RBAC management roles.
Module 19: Manage user roles
- Describe the built-in end-user roles.
- Configure role assignment policies.
- Create new custom roles and role assignment policies.
Module 20:Analyze role-based permissions
- Identify the differences between shared permissions and split permissions.
- Describe multi-forest permissions.
- Identify the differences between the permission models.
Module 21: Explore the different types of Exchange recipients
- Describe the different recipient objects in Exchange.
- Examine how organizations use resource mailboxes.
- Compare shared mailboxes to linked mailboxes.
- Describe how recipients can be grouped together to improve collaboration.
- Examine how organization us public folders.
Module 22: Create and manage Exchange recipients
- Manage mailbox settings.
- Manage resource mailboxes and shared mailboxes.
- Create and manage mail contacts and mail users.
- Manage permissions for recipients.
- Create and manage groups.
- Create and manage public folders.
Module 23: Manage email addresses, lists, and resources
- Describe address lists.
- Create and manage address lists.
- Describe address book policies.
- Configure offline address books.
- Describe email address policies.
Module 24: Explore Exchange hybrid deployment requirements
- Describe connection options that are available for connecting on-premises Exchange to Microsoft 365.
- List and describe components of a hybrid deployment.
- Describe Azure Active Directory Connect (Azure AD Connect).
- Identify Microsoft 365 identity options for Exchange hybrid.
- Compare Exchange delegated federation to OAuth.
Module 25: Plan and configure a hybrid deployment using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Plan for Exchange Hybrid configuration.
- Describe Organization Configuration Transfer.
- Explain Exchange Modern Hybrid and Hybrid Agent.
- Plan mail flow options for a hybrid deployment.
- Describe the prerequisites to run the Microsoft 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard.
- Explain best practices for implementing a hybrid deployment.
Module 26: Provide a gateway for Internet email using Edge Transport servers
- Describe the purpose and functionality of Edge Transport servers.
- Explain the infrastructure requirements for Edge Transport servers.
- Describe the Edge Subscription process using EdgeSync.
- Plan for message flow with an Edge Transport server.
Module 27: Implement advanced hybrid functionality
- Manage a hybrid deployment.
- Describe when you must configure Public Folder coexistence with Microsoft 365.
- Explain how to configure Oauth for a mixed Exchange environment.
- Describe how to configure OneDrive attachments for on-premises mailboxes.
Module 28: Troubleshoot hybrid deployments
- Troubleshoot directory synchronization.
- Troubleshoot pass-through authentication and single sign-on.
- Troubleshoot transport with Exchange Online.
- Troubleshoot client access in coexistence.
- Troubleshoot the Mailbox Replication service.
Module 29: Plan mailbox migrations
- Describe the migration and coexistence strategies with Exchange Online.
- Describe considerations that affect which migration option to use.
- Determine whether DNS MX records must be changed during a mailbox migration.
Module 30: Run IMAP migrations
- Describe the requirements for an IMAP migration and how it’s carried out.
- Move mailbox data using an IMAP migration.
Module 31: Run cutover and staged migrations
- Describe the requirements for both cutover and staged migrations.
- Identify the steps involved in running both cutover and staged migrations.
- Create and manage migration batches in the Exchange Admin Center.
Module 32: Run advanced mailbox migrations
- Import PST Files to Exchange Online mailboxes.
- Migrate Public Folders to Exchange Online.
- Plan for a cross-tenant mailbox migration.
- Prepare target user objects for cross-tenant migration.