What You'll Learn
- Implement automatic archival for database logs
- Recover a database to a specific point in time using the archived logs
- Use EXPLAIN tools to review the access plans for SQL statements
- Add indexes to improve SQL performance.
- Implement database security, including adding a security administrator and security administration authority (SECADM) user
- Implement database roles to simplify security management.
Participants should have the following skills:
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands and editor
State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views and joins
- These skills can be developed by taking:
-DB2 SQL Workshop
Who Needs To Attend
This is an intermediate level course for students that will perform Database Administration tasks, who plan, implement and maintain DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX and Windows databases.